Article content continued
With Dedi’s removal, Morin herself has taken over as acting president of the constituency association. She said the decision to criticize the party’s move in a letter was taken unanimously. She said there is “absolutely no justification” for the removal.
“You can dress this up as some bogus harassment complaint but, like I said, it seems to me that Barb Dedi is the one being harassed,” she said.
Tzupa has said the party will hold a nomination meeting to choose a new nominee to replace Morin in the general election, expected in just five weeks. But there is still no date, with Tzupa saying it will happen “soon.”
Morin told the Leader-Post earlier this month that she is “going to be active in the upcoming election one way or the other.” But she did not explicitly commit to running as an independent. She did not rule it out either.
“The question is, will Sandra be running as an independent candidate?” said Dedi. “That is the big question.”
On Tuesday, Morin would not make her intentions clear, except to say she has a team that remains committed.
“We’ve continued to move forward as a campaign, and we’ll make that decision together as a campaign as well,” she said.
“It’s not a decision I take lightly,” she added. “This weighs very heavily on me.” She was a cabinet minister in Lorne Calvert’s government and the MLA for Regina Walsh Acres from 2003 to 2011.
Morin recently rebranded her website. It now says “Sandra Morin for Regina Walsh Acres,” without any NDP branding. She has a similar Facebook page. Her social media pages, which previously connected her with the NDP, temporarily went down about a week and a half ago.آموزش سئو